Thurrock Teaching School Alliance is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
This policy sets out how we collect and use personal data about you during and after your working relationship with us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). It applies to all employees, contacts, users and facilitators.
Thurrock Teaching School Alliance is based at William Edwards School. For the purposes of data protection, the South West Essex Community Education Trust is the data controller.
The postal Address of the trust is:
SWECET, William Edwards School, Stifford Clays Road, Grays, Essex. RM16 3NJ
The Data Protection officer can be contacted at:
Data Protection principles
Thurrock Teaching School Alliance will comply with data protection law. This say that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way,
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes,
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes,
- Accurate and kept up to date,
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about,
- Kept securely.
The kind of information we hold about you.
We collect, store and use personal information about you using training registers, evaluation forms and other forms of written and electronic communications.
We will use this information provided by you to:
- Contact you regarding training you will be undertaking or facilitating
- To provide you with a personalised service for bookings, enquiries, registration, training information, conducting surveys, evaluations, processing orders.
There are categories of more sensitive data which require a higher level of protection. These are data about ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or similar beliefs, trade union memberships, health, sex life, criminal proceedings or convictions, genetic or biometric data. As a Teaching School Alliance, it is highly unlikely that we would capture and special category data, unless this is disclosed via a teacher training application through UCAS.
Depending on the nature of your working relationship with us, we will collect, store and use any of the following categories of personal data.
- Job title
- Personal contact details such as name, title and telephone numbers
- Place of employment and employment address
- Copy of driver’s license, passport, identity documents
- Information about your use of our information and communications systems.
For recruitment to Teacher Training programmes, we will collect, store and use any of the following categories of personal information about you, as sent via the UCAS application form:
- Date of birth, gender, marital status, number of dependents, employment records, next of kin, emergency information, national insurance number, payroll references, tax status information, salary, annual leave, pension and benefits information.
- Start date of employment, salary, location of workplace, copy of driver’s license, passport and identity documents.
- Recruitment information, this may include copies of your ‘Right to work’ documentation, references, Visas and CV/Covering letters.
- Information about your usage of our information systems and communications systems
- CCTV footage, use of electronic swipe cards
We will also collect data about your use of our information and communications systems, through our websites. This includes:
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your IP address and browser version if you send a message via a form on our website
- your IP address from which you access our website, and details of which version of web browser and operating system you used
- the date and time of your visit
- Google Analytics data, which is information on how you use our website, using cookies and page tagging techniques to help us improve our website
- the website address of the website from which you accessed our website
- The approximate location from which you viewed our website
This helps us to:
- improve our website by monitoring how you use it
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- Unless you voluntarily submit personal information to us (for example, by sending us an e-mail or completing the contact form), we can’t personally identify you using your data.
Where your data is stored
- We store your data on secure servers in the UK.
- Your data can only be viewed by our staff and the website administrators.
- By submitting your personal data, you agree to this.
Keeping your data secure and disclosing your information
- Transmitting information over the Internet is generally not completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your data.
- Any data you transmit to us is at your own risk.
- We have procedures and security features in place to try and keep your data secure once we receive it.
Change of Purpose
We will only use your data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your data in this instance we will notify you, explaining the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Links to other websites
Following a link to another website
Following a link to our website from another website
Where you have provided us with consent to use your data, you may withdraw this right at any time. We will make this clear when requesting your consent and will explain how to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawal of consent does not render any processing carried out before the withdrawal unlawful.
We may share your data with third parties, including third party service providers, where required by law, where it is necessary to administer the working relationship with you or where there is a legitimate interest in doing so. We require third parties to respect the security of your data.
We only allow third parties to process your data for specified purpose in accordance with the law.
We have appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, facilitators and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including the purposes of satisfying any legal , accounting, or reporting requirements.
Further details of this can be found in the SWECET’s Records Retention policy, this can be found on the William Edwards School website.
Rights of access, correction, erasure and restriction
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your working relationship with us.
To opt out or to unsubscribe to any relevant marketing we may send you from time to time, for further information about your rights, or if you have any questions please email
Gillian McLoughlin at firstname.lastname@example.org or via email@example.com
Thurrock Teaching School Alliance
We put small files (known as “cookies”) onto your computer to collect information about how you use our site.
Cookies are used to:
- measure how you use the website so it can be updated and improved based on your needs
- remember the notifications you’ve seen so that we don’t show them to you again
You will normally see a message appear on the site before we store a cookie on your computer.
Find out more about how to manage cookies.
Third party cookies
We use Google Analytics to track visitor usage to our site. Further details of the Google Analytics Cookies can be found here: